Want to save on GST?
Get more bang for your business buck
If you’re using your car for business and want to tailor your finance to suit your cash flow, a chattel mortgage is the way to go. Similar to a mortgage on a house, it works like this:
- You purchase the vehicle and take ownership
- The finance company or lender takes a mortgage over the car as security for the loan
- You pay the loan back via regular repayments
To qualify, you’ll need to use the car for at least 50% business use, or put it in the name of a company or trust. With significant benefits for sole traders, business owners and company directors, chattel mortgages save you more thanks to:
- Fixed interest rates for the term of the contract
- Flexible loan terms of 1 to 5 years
- Deposit and trade-in availability
- Optional residual at end of contract
- No GST on the monthly repayments and residual
Why choose a Chattel Mortgage?
Save on GST, reduce your repayments and control your cash flow
Save on tax
Claim the GST on the purchase price and forget about GST on monthly repayments or end of contract residual.
Fixed interest rates
Control your cash flow with interest rates fixed for the term of your loan.
Reduce your repayments
Tailor repayments to your budget with an end of contract residual.